Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Bright yellow urine, lethargy, e.g.. Eye discharge, pale…

Bright yellow urine, lethargy...

Bright yellow urine, lethargy, e.g.. Eye discharge, pale gums

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Adrian 13 female

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Adrian?

13

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Adrian?

Recent lack of appetite

3/18/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Adrian. Is she eating? Drinking?

Pale gums are a real worry, and may indicate that this is an emergency.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
9k
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

She may be bleeding internally, or have anemia due to an autoimmune disorder.

Can you get her to a veterinarian today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bleeding internally from what?

From an injury, from an autoimmune disease, or from (sorry to have to say it) cancer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She takes glucosamine daily. Other than that very healthy

She may also have a problem with normal blood clotting; this can be from autoimmune disease, rat poison.

Can you post a picture of her gums?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are very pale.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It looks as though though she is pulling in her stomach

If her gums are very pale, she should see a veterinarian today.

Please let me know if this is helpful, how she is doing, and if you have other questions.

Are you still there?

How is Adrian doing? I did not hear back from you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took Adrian into the ER immediately. She had a splenic tumor that had either burst or lacerated her spleen. She was bleeding internally, it was emergent, and we sadly had to release her across the Rainbow Bridge on Sunday night. Thank you for your help - and for your recommendation to get her help ASAP

I am so sorry to hear she is gone. My sincere condolences. Thank you for letting me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It all happened very quickly...and if not for your urging, she would have been labored more and expired at home. Thank you for your help.

You are welcome.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian