Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a blood filled blister on his front leg and he keeps…

Customer Question
He has a blood...

He has a blood filled blister on his front leg and he keeps chewing at it- I thought it was a tick at first but its not- he has had it for a few weeks and he won't stop chewing and licking it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Cooper, he is 14 year old Lhasa

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Cooper?

14

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cooper?

Cooper has a skin allergy that he has to have medicated baths- the rash is down in his groin area- its black in color and he chews if he doesn't stay on apoquel and gets the medicated bath

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/18/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

It could be a growth, or a tumor, growing on his skin. That does not necessarily mean it is cancer. Can you take a picture so I can see it? Is it getting any larger or changing?