Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Female Chow dog 12 years. She has seen my vet many times.

Customer Question
.Female Chow dog 12...

.Female Chow dog 12 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Chow?

She has seen my vet many times. Was incontinent when adopted her September 2017. Put on Proin, after awhile she developed all bad side effects from it. Then put on Incurin, also stopped eating, etc. Researched natural remedies and put her on Nature's Way Corn Silk capsules. Open capsules and sprinkle small amount on her food. Will not touch it. Was wondering what holistic or natural product could give her. Would love a liquid could squirt in her mouth. She has really started leaking again.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Chow's name?

Nala

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nala?

Not really. Blood tests show she has 50-75% loss kidney function. But sonograms, xrays, etc do not show anything else wrong. Am feeding her cooked hamburger meat or cooked chicken (which ever one suits her fancy that day). Since getting so sick on Proin she will not eat dry or can food she was own. Probably associates it with being sick like humans do.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

What kind of response is this to my question I paid for? The incontinence did not just magically stop!!!
No I do not want to spend an additional $28.00 when my first $28.00 has been a waste of money. What kind of scam is this?!!!!! To say I am not happy and frustrated I even tried this is putting it mildly!!!