Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Need help.My 6 yr old female lab has been determined to have…

Customer Question
Need help.My 6 yr...

Need help.My 6 yr old female lab has been determined to have CRF.Brought her home yesterday,and the only thing I can get her to eat is raw venison.She will not eat anything else.Am supposed to have her on a low protein diet.But if that is all I can get into her.She is going to eat it.He also sent me home with 5 different meds,which I refuse to give.Because 4 of the 5 say it causes loss of appetite.She has been feed raw most ofher life.And after 4 thousand dollars,they say she has no hope.Any sugggetions?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Charm,and she will be 6 in july

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Charm?

6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charm?

She was told she had uranairy tracki infection,and was told positive for lymes.They have her on atibiotics.She was healthy as hell,and all of a sudden she started vomiting and became dehydrated

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Charm eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of.Although we have chickens and she is prone to eat their poop

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/18/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Charm has been diagnosed with chronic renal failure and she will not eat her food other than the raw venison. I am sorry to hear about what is happening. Did the veterinarian happen to tell you what stage of kidney disease Charm's blood and urine tests indicated?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian