Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just got this little puppy yesterday from a guy on Side of…

Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** just got this little puppy yesterday from a guy on Side of the road and noticed today that he has a long warm and his poop trying to get him in a vet today on Sunday so far no luck what should I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the puppy's name?

We named him Toby he is a toy poodle We named him Toby he is a toy poodle

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toby?

I can feel he’s got a heart and stomach I know that has something to do with the worms but that is all for now I can feel he’s got a heart and stomach I know that has something to do with the worms but that is all for now

3/18/2018
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now if you are seeing worms, all you need to do is worm Toby. There are a range of over the counter wormers at pet stores or you can even get them from the vet without an appointment (they can weigh him at the same time to make sure you get the right dose). If he seems very young, then you can specifically use Panacur/Fenbendazole as that is safe for pups as young as 2 weeks of age. And be aware that if he has a lot of worms, you will see him pass more as the wormer works and forces them out of his intestines. As well, be aware that he will need worming monthly until he is 6 months of age. But this is something you can do for him now even if you could not get him into a vets today.

Kind regards,

Dr. B

**************************

If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help. Afterward, as I am dedicating my evenings & weekends to helping you, I would be grateful if you could please take the time rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great). Otherwise the site does not credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this (its included in your question fee). Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you for helping me to keep helping everyone here. : )**

Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much

You are very welcome, my dear.
Have a lovely day,
Dr. B.

**************************
Afterward, as I am dedicating my evenings & weekends to helping you, I would be grateful if you could please take the time rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great). Otherwise the site does not credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this (its included in your question fee). Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you for helping me to keep helping everyone here. : )**

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian