Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has three fused verabrae in his lower back. he has been…

He has three fused...

He has three fused verabrae in his lower back. he has been prescribed predisone before and u was wondering about the dose. he is asixty pound 11 year old pitbull

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

He limps and his left back leg is weak and sore

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Cant think of anything

3/18/2018
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you are needing a dose of prednisone for treatment of inflammation from a back surgery. Is that a correct summary of your question?

No. he has not has durgery. the vet didn't recomend it. he still thinks he's apup sometimes and over does it. i understand as i am 64 and also have three fused vertibrae. it just hurts sometimes more than others and i also take prednisone to help sometimes
No. he has not has surgery. the vet didn't recomend it. he still thinks he's a pup sometimes and over does it. i understand as i am 64 and also have three fused vertebrae. it just hurts sometimes more than others and i also take prednisone to help sometimes

I understand. You are wanting an anti-inflammatory dose to help take down the inflammation in his lower back when he acts like a pup and over dose it. He is 60 lbs, is that correct?

His dose to decrease inflammation is 5 mg every 12 hours.

Does that help answer your question?

thank you

You are most welcome. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to help. If you have no other questions, I would appreciate a positive review when you get time. Leaving a review does not close out your question and you can come back to any time to ask additional questions. You can leave a five star review at the top of the screen. Thank you.

Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
***** *****