Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just noticed that her lymph nods in her neck are swollen…

Customer Question
I just noticed that...

I just noticed that her lymph nods in her neck are swollen and very hard. She doesn't seem to be in any pain but this morning she didn't feel very well. She is eating and acting pretty normal. I am very concerned.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She has allergys and is constantly licking her feet. We just had our yard sprayed for flees. Not sure if the spray has effected her. It supposed to be safe for dogs supposedly .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How old is she?

The lumps are at the angle of the jaw?

Paul

She is 15 years old. And yes they are just under the jaw

Okay

I too am worried

I would give Aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound tonight and have her examined tomorrow

They will want to aspirate those nodes and submit for cytology

I hope they are just reactive secondary to an infected tooth or something like that and NOT lymphosarcoma

Can you take her in?

Paul

I was going to go to emergency room. I'm just going to do that then.

Correct

It will save you a lot of money and you have the time to wait till AM

Please keep me updated on things

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul