Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has puncture wound on the side of the body the dog…

My dog has puncture...

My dog has puncture wound on the side of the body the dog was at the vet Wednesday no stitches just pain medication and antibiotic what I need to know my dog is running a temperature I need to know if I can give Tylenol to my dog to bring the temperature down

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is your dog's name and age?

Rosaleemax 5 years rottweiler 120 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosaleemax?

No im just thinking the antibiotic maybe needs to be a stronger antibiotic

3/17/2018
Chelsea Schwarb

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian.

No, you cannot give Tylenol to your dog. It is very toxic to dogs. What is her temperature now?

Chelsea Schwarb
I don't have anothet question.

Okay, that is fine. If she has a fever then she needs to be put on antibiotics for her wound. The normal rectal temperature for a dog is 100 to 102.5 degrees F.

Please let me know if I can help answer any additional questions for you. Thank you.