Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

65# goldendoodle 21 months old are 1/2# raw hamburger &

Customer Question
65# ***** 21 months...

65# ***** 21 months old are 1/2# ***** hamburger & about 5 pcs diced raw onions. I know what

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

65# ***** 21 months old are 1/2# ***** hamburger & about 5 pcs of diced raw onion. Do I need to be concerned?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Show no signs of anything

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is the dog eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

Just happened

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the dog behaving differently?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about your dog.

Please give me a few minutes to type back a response for you. Thanks for your patience, Deb

The raw hamburger may cause loose stools in 12-24 hours (and I emphasize "may") but the stools should return to a normal consistency in a day or so. The biggest concern in a situation such as this would be the onions since they can be toxic to dogs if enough of them are eaten. However, a dog this size would have to eat about 10 tablespoons of onions before any issues would be seen...and clearly he didn't eat that many.

She/He'll be fine. I hope this helps, Deb

Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian