Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a 6 year old half beagle half rat she has never had a…

She is a 6...

She is a 6 year old half beagle half rat she has never had a littler of pups and has nodules with puss like stuff and blood coming out her nipples

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She is normal acting other than this she eats and drinks fine only if you mess with them then she is in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Tugs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tugs?

She was a true twin came out of the same sac as her sitter rags and rags as of now does not have this going on with her i think it might be breast cancer in Tugs and no help[ hor her

3/17/2018
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Tugs. How lucky you are to have a true twin! I'm so sorry she is having these symptoms, though, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in ,what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:

• How long has this been going on?
  • Is she spayed?
  • Any other symptoms?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not for sure she is an out side dog and we brought her in the house a week ago and my 9 year old told my wife that she had blood. no. no she has not lost anything so the dog and her twin belongs to my 9 year old

Thank you for your quick reply. Typing more now...

Even though I don't want to cause undue worry, you are correct to worry about mammary cancer. That would be one of the most common reasons for symptoms like this to develop in a dog this age. I wish I had better news for you, but this is something to take very seriously.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the stuff that i have read says no hope for her i just want to check to make sure before putting her down. i will not see an animal suffer

I'm so sorry you're looking at such a worrisome situation. I can't tell you for certain that's what's going on, but I'm sure suspicious of something bad going on.

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

Is there anything else I can help you with for now? I'm so glad you won't let her suffer.

If that's it for now, please take a moment to rate my response with 5 STARS so I may receive credit for helping you today.

Thank you for using our website.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i know but we do live on a farm and being a good Stewart over ones animals is a must so thank you for your conformation of this and a part of life they i dont enjoy but it is a must to put her down it is the best for her thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a 5 for sure

Thank you so much for all you do to care for your animals. It always ends up being so heartbreaking when they have a serious problem that we cannot fix.
Thank you for caring so much.

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian