Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Not eating, nose is warm, found some lumps under his mouth…

Customer Question
Not eating, nose is...

Not eating, nose is warm, found some lumps under his mouth under the skin.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Molly. 50#.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Molly?

9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?

She is a beagle mix.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/17/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long have you been seeing these signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Any change to her drinking or belly discomfort?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human medications/drugs, etc)?

Can you take a photo of these lumps for me to assess? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian