Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just now realized that my shihtzu app 14 lbs, licked my…

I just now realized...

I just now realized that my shihtzu app 14 lbs, licked my toes where I had nystatin cream on them. It has been app an hour.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your Shih-Tzu will be able to digest that. What is your Shih-Tzu's name and age?

STEFFIE IS 6 YEARS OLD

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your Shih-Tzu?

I put the cream on about 12pm and put socks on til about 6pm when I took them off to put on sandals. I figure she had less than 1 to 1/2cc.

3/17/2018
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Dog Veterinarian

Greetings, I'm Dr. Peck, hopefully I can be of some help.

I would assume Steffie is doing ok / acting normal at this time?

I would not anticipate any adverse reaction to this exposure.

she just ran around outside and jumped in my lap

Good. :)

I would not advise intervening in any way, you may monitor for any changes in Steffie but I would anticipate that she'd be just fine with this exposure.

Let me know if you have additional comments or questions, write me back and I will reply as soon as I am able to.

Please at this time be sure to go ahead and rate kindly using the stars on the screen, this is how I receive credit for helping with your question today, thanks! - Dr. Peck.

Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Dog Veterinarian