Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

There's a growth on his muzzle, soft, dark pigmented.

There's a growth on his muzzle, soft, dark pigmented
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Huckleberry, 9 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Huckleberry?
Customer: no

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this growth to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sure, I am trying to add two.

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Excellent photo. There appears to be melanocytoma (benign form of melanoma) or another hyperpigmented benign skin growth such as a histiocytoma or fibroma. Most important, there's no urgency to have this attended to by Huckleberry's vet. It won't respond to conservative (medical) care and will need to be surgically excised if any treatment is elected at all. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.