Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My yorkie ate a piece of raw salmon yesterday and today he…

Customer Question
Hi my yorkie ate...

Hi my yorkie ate a piece of raw salmon yesterday and today he vomited and is shacking a little bit don’t know what to do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Nicco and he is 6 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nicco?

No he has been okay since the day I brought him home he was 3.5 months

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/16/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Nicco is vomiting after having eaten the raw salmon. I'm worried that he is a bacterial infection in his intestines from eating it (food poisoning, basically). I recommend getting him to the vet for some antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. They may treat with some fluids as well, if there has been a lot of vomiting and he is dehydrated.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian