Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We think he drank from the toilet where the plumber flushed…

We think he drank...

We think he drank from the toilet where the plumber flushed the drainor fluid. We vave him lots of milk per web advise.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

He is panting a bit and quiter than normal, laying down

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Crash. Pit bull. Not sure the age cause he is a rescue, he was estimated at 4 a year ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Crash?

Estimate 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Crash?

Very healthy otherwise

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has it been since he drank from the toilet?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- Have you looked in his mouth and see if you are seeing ulcers in the tongue?

We think 3 hour ago. No ulcers.
82 pounds

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, you have done right giving him milk. This is what you can do:

1- Do not give Pepto Bismol.

2- Do not induce vomiting.

3- Start him on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 20mg every 12 hours for the next 7 days. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy.

4- Change his diet to a bland diet of rice with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef for the next week then wean him back into his regular diet.

5- I would follow up with your vet for a hands-on examination and start him on a prescription medication called Carafate.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
4
Adequate