Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We are suspecting he ate lysol disinfecting wipe he is

We are suspecting he...

We are suspecting he ate lysol disinfecting wipe he is throwing up sinc eyesterday and doesnt eat or drink anything

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

His a puppy 6 months old Golden Retriver

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Trevor

3/16/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question.​ I'm sorry to hear that Trevor is sick. There are a couple of concerns with him having ingested the Lysol wipe, and both may be going on. One is that the actual toxicity from the disinfectant is causing the vomiting and lack of appetite. This chemical can cause stomach ulcers and pain. Another concern is that the Lysol wipe is causing a GI obstruction. As I said, both of these might be happening. I recommend getting him to the vet for some abdominal x-rays to rule out an intestinal obstruction. If there isn't one and toxicity is the concern, your vet will want to give IV fluids to help flush the toxin out, as well as check blood work to make sure there is no organ damage.

what is GI obstruction?

T​hat's when they eat something that gets stuck in their intestines.

If that is the case, your vet will probably recommend surgery to remove the wipe.

would he make #2 if ha had GI obstruction?

It depends on whether the obstruction is partial or total. If partial, he may still be able to pass stool that was there prior. But if he can't keep anything down, he's not going to be making any stool to pass.

he just pie and it was orange- is that bad sign?

Y​es, I'm very worried about kidney damage as being the cause of the orange urine I would get him in to the vet right away.

ok, thank you! we will go now

Y​ou're very welcome. Please keep me updated if you get a chance. And if I have been helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. Good luck at the vet.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Rachel