Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He woke up and looked at me and his left eye is like rolled…

Customer Question
He woke up and...

He woke up and looked at me and his left eye is like rolled up the pupil isn't in the middle

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Idk his eye is stuck

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

His eye idk if it hurts he isn't keeping it open very long but when he does it's stuck

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?

Franky 12yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Franky?

He was on rymadal for his body aches and we ran out and haven't the money right now to have to take him in just to get what we already know he does well on. It cost alot more cause he's a pitbull and doesn't really like Dr visits and really he's too big and strong for me to control at the visits without help

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/16/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Franky, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do his left eye is still rolled up and he can't really like stay awake I guess because of this
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I don't want to call can you just tell me a couple of possibilities

Thank you. In most cases when caretakers report that the eye has "rolled up" (which is physiologically very rare), the third eyelid has prolapsed across the eye givng the impression of the eye having rolled up into the head. Please let me know if you can see his third eyelid doing this. If not, a change in globe position can occur with trauma, retrobulbar abscess or tumor (infection or cancer behind the eye), or abnormal innervation of extraocular muscles due to abnormalities of cranial nerves III, IV and/or VI. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good morning, JACustomer. It looks like you requested a new professional. What can I assist you with today that Dr. Salkin did not already discuss? Did you have other questions?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse