Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog had his rabies shot at 5pm its 3pm he spazed out

Customer Question
My dog had his...

My dog had his rabies shot at 5pm its 3pm he spazed out threw up and is panting, his leg is twitching

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is your dog's name and age?

Isaac 9 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Isaac?

Nine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Isaac?

He got a rabies shot today

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/16/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DrSarah, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! I am reviewing your question and will be back with a reply.

Poor Isaac! Has he had issues with any vaccines in the past? With vomiting that sounds like he could be having a delayed vaccine reaction. I'd recommend some benadryl ant about 1mg per pound (round to the nearest pill size) 3 times a day for a day or two. Any hives noted?

Is Isaac doing ok?

DrSarah
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian