Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I made a spaghetti squash today. while i was out he got in…

I made a spaghetti...

I made a spaghetti squash today. while i was out he got in the trash. he ate all the raw seeds and middle part and the cooked skin should I be worried? he's a 140 lb great dane

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

I have a little dog too, about 30lbs, he probably did not get much or any of it though

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

This is probably the least concerned I have ever been about a "my dog got into the trash" question! Natural fiber like this is great for dogs. If he ate too much, expect more stools... let him out more, and maybe come home from work at lunch to let him out. There's nothing in that ingestion that could harm him, just possibly produce more stools and slightly looser stools than usual. He will be fine! Kiss that sweet dane for me... I adore them. :)

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

thank you!

You are so welcome! Please remember to rate my service with the 5 stars at the top of the page so that I will receive compensation for assisting you today... bonuses/tips are appreciated. Good luck, and have a great rest of the day.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian