Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My two puppies 9 weeks old were left alone for 3 hours and…

My two puppies 9...

My two puppies 9 weeks old were left alone for 3 hours and they jumped over a 3 ft gate we had them in. They ingested a small amount of my Arbonne aftershave and I need to know if I need to take them to the vet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

We have Posey and Olive, they are 9.5 week old vizsla pups

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?

They got into the trash as well but other than some paper, all that was in there were a few tangerine peels and two used green tea bags

3/16/2018
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Puppies!! 100% trouble, also 100% cute. :) They may have some vomiting or diarrhea, but that should be self-limiting (should resolve with symptomatic care). I would feed them a bland diet of boiled chicken breast mixed with white rice for 1-2 days until everything is back to normal. If severe vomiting or diarrhea develops, see your vet. Good luck with your cute pups!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much!

You are so welcome! Please remember to rate my service with the 5 stars at the top of the page so that I will receive compensation for assisting you today... bonuses/tips are appreciated. Good luck, and have a great rest of the day.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian