Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog In jested a very small crumb of and 8 mg some U

Customer Question
My dog In...

My dog In jested a very small crumb of and 8 mg some U Tech's feel it is a tiny 3 month old Gihuauau it is hyper salivating And acting drunk very sleepy and whining when you touch his stomach I brought you to emergency clinic and pay $99 they said his heart right battles are fond he is still slobbering and a bit tired look in but all in all is OK I don't have the money to do any further treatment will he be are out that take home and monitor

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is your dog's name and age?

Peanut 3 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Peanut

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peanut?

He licked up a small pieces of 8mg subutex

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Subutex.. and he is a chuauaua 3 months old
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please i need an answer now
3/16/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DrSarah, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! I am reviewing your question and will be back with a reply.

I hope Peanut is doing ok! He probably is done with his syptoms at this point. I wouldn't expect death from that medicine, just some symptoms like low heart rate, salivation, and depression which are treated symptomatically. I'd expect those to resolve in 8-12 hours. As long as he's feeling ok now you should be fine. Sorry for the wait, I just signed on. Let me know if I can help in any other way! Kindly consider rating my answer; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.