Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She broke her toe. She is a mini schnauzer about 6-7 years…

Customer Question
She broke her toe...

She broke her toe. She is a mini schnauzer about 6-7 years old. We gave her baby aspirin and tried to wrap it but she won’t let us. We live in a small town and vet office is closed and no emergency number

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She has broken her toe and in a great deal of pain. Vet is closed and baby aspirin is not working. She is panting hard due to pain. Is there anything else we can give her? We are taking her in the morning.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Shotzi and she is 7 years old and a mini schnauzer

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Shotzi?

7 years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Shotzi's breaking a toe and being in pain. How much does she weigh?

There are not many over the counter drugs safe for dogs, besides aspirin. You can't give Advil or Aleve to dogs. If you happened to have any tramadol, that might be helpful. I need her weight to give you a safe dose.

I did not hear back from you. How is Shotzi doing?

Was this helpful; do you have any other questions?