Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a terrier and he's about 15yrs old and in the last…

I have a *****...

I have a ***** ***** terrier and he's about 15yrs old and in the last week he has just sowlen up like balloon he is still going to the bathroom but not as much and it's seems that it might be harder for him he's not eating that much but drinking water a little more than normal his belly is rock hard he is swollen from his feet in the back all the way to his nose and throat and when he' wakes up in the morning I can hardly recognize him is there anything I can do for him because I am Simi homeless right now and don't have a lot of resources I need to be there for him because he been there for me and my 26 hartataks and living in the desart thank you for reading this john and Harley dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is about 14or15yrsold

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Harley?

14 or 15

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Harley?

Yes he's the only one that I have and I'm the only one that he has

3/15/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

No problem I'm really slow at that

I am sorry to hear that Harley is so swollen up, and that you are in a semi homeless situation.

It sound like he is retaining fluid. This can be from heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, or cancer. He really needs to be be examined by a veterinarian to determine what his problem is, and the best way to treat.

Is there an animal shelter near you that might offer veterinary services?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
but I'm not mobile to get him there I guess I will have to carry him there but that's ok I owe him that I thought that's what I would be told that's what I feel was going on because he's been getting these bumbs all over his body in the last year thank you for your time and god bless you it's not going to make it any easier for me to say goodbye he's been there for me thru 2 back surgeries 4 brain anysrms and 26 hartataks and living in the desart and being homeless the only time we have not been together in 15 yrs is when I was in the hospital and when I got home he was always waiting for me at the gate the hole time I was gone thanks again for listening didn't mean to take up your time
I can't afford to do that thank you

There are shelters that offer low cost or even free care, in some areas. I would call your shelter and ask them if they know who in your area offers free care.

This website lists places that can help with vet bills:

https://www.youcaring.com/blog/2016/need-help-with-vet-bills

Please let me know how you and he are doing.

I think I have to put him out of his misery I know if the roles were reversed he would have done it for me he said gladly but he has no thumbs I guess I will find out if my premation was true that me and him end up going kinda together and it's been going that way the last month I had my 26th hartatak and now it's afecting my breathing thank you again GOD BLESS YOU! JOHN AND HARLEY DOG THE INSEPARABLES

I am so glad you have had such a good friend through your illnesses. Please let me know how both of you are doing.