Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Took my dog for groomiing when I picked her up they said she…

Took my dog for...

Took my dog for groomiing when I picked her up they said she has a yeast infection in her ears , feet and urinary area. Is there something over the counter that can help clear it up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is your dog's name and age?

Zoe she is 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoe?

Overweight. Dauchand poodle mix

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Does the skin look discolored or red in any of those areas?

Paul

Her ears look a light red everything else looks to be ok. She does rub her ears on the rug licks her paws quite a bit and sometimes rubs her but on tthe ground

Okay thanks

I dont know that we can say there is a widespread yeast infection-> Think the groomer is over reacting

However the clinical signs are consistent with allergies or some other underlying problem like hypothyroidism or Cushing's disease

Has she been tested for hypothyroidism and how long has she been doing the chewing and scratching?

Paul

She goes to the vet early sdhes in good health except her weight. She's been doing it for maybe a year
I 'll take her to the vet and see what they say. Thanks

Okay

I would get some ear drops for the ears if there is debris and they are bothering her

And I would have her tested for hypothyroidism

NO increase in water intake?

Paul

You are very welcome

Please let me know the findings

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul