Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

3 day old puppy momma died costant pain wine lethargic has…

Customer Question
3 day old puppy...

3 day old puppy momma died costant pain wine lethargic has been constipated whining stops then sudden pain wine

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the puppy's name?

No name yet also temp is 94 deg

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

Was delivered c section 3 days ago is being bottle fed powdered milk replacer was constipated but still pooping but poops yellow amall round beads

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
The mother passed shortly after. Coming home. When we left the vet clinic the mother acted as if she was still under anesthesia she never came through it completely limp Bodied and eyes very distant ghost-like this baby is 3 days old the mother and puppies were completely healthy before delivery one of the puppies got stuck in the birth canal which called for the C-section that caused the mother to pass away so this baby is being bottle-fed powdered milk replacer along with six of her brother and sisters two other puppies passed away during the C-section
Shes weak wont eat poops are hards small beads yellowish orane..painful wining. Eating 1oz every 2 hours sometimes slightly more
Acts as if shes pushing may e poop lodged but very weak n have no emergency vet within 45 miles nor a car to get her to one what can i do
How long b4 i recieve an answer i oaid n have yet to hear anything at all back n my puppies in pain
3/15/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? What powdered milk are you giving and how is it being mixed?