Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our 14 lbs poodle ate a small box of choc would a helping of…

Customer Question
Our 14 lbs poodle...

Our 14 lbs poodle ate a small box of choc would a helping of Cesar dog food help to reduce the possible problems

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Pierre 6 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pierre?

He weighs 14 lbs

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/14/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How many ounces was the box?

Milk or dark chocolate?

Solid or filled?

Paul

2 oz filled milk

Okay

I am not worried

There is little to no risk of side effects

The levels of caffeine, theobromine and methylxanthine ingested are not high enough to be an issue

You can give food and water as per usual

Update me in two hours

I hope that helpa!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul