Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 9.5 pound morkey who has been on vetmedin twice a…

Customer Question
I have a 9.5...

I have a 9.5 pound morkey who has been on vetmedin twice a day, enalapril oonce a day, furosemide and apoquel for allergies and the heart condition that he has. I suspect that he may have cushings disease my groomer thought. She has been grooming him for the past ten years. He has been licking his paws and has always been very nervous. Do the medications that I mentioned cause cushings disease? What should i do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

Zacky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zacky?

He has somewhat of a pot belly, he has always been nervous, and has a heart condition . he is extremely loveable but nervous..

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

None of the medications listed will cause Cushing's disease

Why does the groomer think this?

Paul

Are you still there?

I saw that you posted the same question again

Did you get my reply above?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, because his penis, looked like it was a dark color, he has had a brown color on his skin by his ear , his potbelly and he’s alwAys very nervous...

Okay

Not drinking more water, peeing more?

Not eating more food?

Hair loss?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian