Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 7 month old miniature schnauzer has natural ears and she…

Customer Question
My 7 month old...

My 7 month old miniature schnauzer has natural ears and she just got her first schnauzer cut and now her ears have turned into "bat" ears. They are standing straight up. Is there anything I can do to get them to flop down again?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?

Roxy, she is 7 months old

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

How long after the groom did they begin to stand?

As soon as we picked her up, her ears went straight up as schnauzer bat ears. They were cute and floppy before that. They look like schnauzer bat ears. I am a senior citizen and will attempt to send you a picture of her after I figure out how to download it from my cell phone.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.