Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is restless, a burying herself in her favorite blanket…

Customer Question
She is restless, a...

She is restless, a burying herself in her favorite blanket and also whinning.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

My children believe they saw a sac about almost 2 hours but unsure if she popped it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Not sure

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Not really.......but she is definitely trying ti get comfortable.....belly is tight consistently....not contracting.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is the dog eating normally?

She ate......disinterested in water. She would be 9wks preg on Sat.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK, abnormal eating. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Ginger

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ginger?

Just the labor

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 3 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

Do you still need assistance with your dog's labor?

If so, what breed is Ginger?

When did she stop eating?

Has she had ANY pups yet?

If so, when was the last pup born?

Do you think there are more pups to be delivered?