Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Puggle dog just got into advion ant bait trap. Contains 0.1%

Puggle dog just got...

Puggle dog just got into advion ant bait trap. Contains 0.1% indoxacarb is this a problem?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Puggle?

Nothing at the moment. Just left the house for 15 minutes and when I returned I found the chewed ant trap.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Puggle's name and age?

Buddha and age 7. Not my dog. I am dog sitting.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddha?

He always gets into everything. I thought the house was dog proofed but he found the trap under the stove in the kitchen.

3/14/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How much did he eat and did he eat any of the plastic?

Paul

Plastic is chewed but no pieces missing. Whatever was in the trap is gone so I assume he ate it.
prefer not to call

Thanks

The good news is that these contents rarely cause problems unless a whole bunch is eaten.

Watch for vomiting or diarrhea- though dont expect anything

Update me in an hour or two

Okay?

Paul

Thank you!!!

Very welcome

I will look for your update

You can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

Doc Paul,I am following up with you about Buddha, the puggle who seems to have an appetite for ant traps. He seems fine. No vomiting or behavioral changes. Took him for a walk and he had normal bowel movement and urination. Ready to feed him his supper. Will continue to watch. Thank you for your immediate response to my questions. Hope the rest of your day goes smoothly.Thank you!
JoAnn

Great stuff!

I will close this link after you rate me

Doggie is out of danger

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian