Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog eats cat poop when he goes out will it hurt him? He…

Customer Question
My dog eats cat poop...
My dog eats cat poop when he goes out will it hurt him? He gets sick sometimes and won’t eat! Also he has a yellow orange urine , he does eat a lot of carrots could that do it?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/14/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Luke and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I have over 19 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Are you available to discuss this situation online at this time? (if you get a phone call prompt from the system, please disregard as I am unable to do a phone call at this time).
***************

Cat poop, while not ideal, is usually fine for a dog to eat.

Yellow-orange urine just indicates that either your dog's kidneys are working really well or that they have been holding on for a while. It is not related to carrot eating.

All dog's have occasional periods where they are unwell and may not eat. This should not last longer than 24-48hrs though. If it does then I would be visiting the vet

**************************
Your satisfaction is my goal and I welcome any follow-up questions that you may have. Your 5-star rating at the conclusion of this correspondence is most appreciated and bonuses are always welcome. Regards, ***** *****

Hi Sandra,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jasper. How is everything going?
Customer

Did you have any further questions?