Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is peeing blood. I first noticed there was in issue…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My dog...

Second opinion] My dog is peeing blood. I first noticed there was in issue when I got home from work and he had peed in his kennel. He's 8 months old now and never does that, so I thought that was really strange. Then we went on a walk and he probably peed around 10-15 times in 30 minutes. That's when I noticed there was blood coming out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

Memphis

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Memphis?

I took him into the vet about a month ago because his eyes were swelling up and getting pinkish-red. He also wasn't eating his food. The vet put him on two different antibiotics and eye drops. Now, he's only eating late at night - I'm assuming because he's so hungry from not eating all day. I've tried giving him chicken and rice and such, and he showed interest there.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Luke and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I have over 19 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Are you available to discuss this situation online at this time? (if you get a phone call prompt from the system, please disregard as I am unable to do a phone call at this time).
***************

How long has he been peeing blood?

Is he ok otherwise?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian