Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She decided to counter surf and got ahold of some steak

She decided to counter...

She decided to counter surf and got ahold of some steak scraps. It had a little bit of onion and garlic powder on it. She's an 85lb Great Pyrenees so she's not a tiny dog I'm just wondering if I should induce vomiting or not

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Oh yes she did make a mess she tore the aluminum foil up it was on, I pieced it back together I don't believe she ingested any of that. She ate the steak scraps it was mostly fat I'm just concerned it may of had a little bit of garlic and onion powder on it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No she's acting fine, she ate some of her regular food about 10 minutes ago. No excessive drooling or any other scary symptoms

3/14/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Are you still there?

Paul

I am

Hello there

Nothing to worry about

Just not enough ingested to do anything

I'll bet that steak was yummy though :)

I give garlic and onions to dogs that wont eat well- never had a problem

I hope that helps!

Paul

Okay thank you yes she is quite proud of herself she got a tasty "treat"

Yup

My dogs did this too many times to count LOL

Okay watch for vomiting or diarrhea from the steak

Update me if problems

You can rate me now - I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul