Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My beagle/poodle, weight 28 lbs, just injested three hot…

My beagle/poodle, weight 28...

My beagle/poodle, weight 28 lbs, just injested three hot shot maxattrax roach baits. There were pieces of plastic left on the floor, so yes apparently she swallowed some o the plastic container. Mostly they were just really chewed. This just happened within the last hour or so.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Miss Peach, and she will be 10 April 8th.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Miss Peach

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

I fed her about 15 minutes before she ingested the bate traps. Ive been out about an hour, so total time is abut an hour and a half.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

You think that very little of the actual bait was ingested?

Can you confirm the active ingredient for me?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
chlorpryilos 0.50%
other ingredients 99.50% Im guessing peanut butter?? Which Miss Peach loves

Okay thanks

And did not ingest that much?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Maybe four out of 12 baits
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello?

Okay thanks- I am still here

Sorry for delay- Had dying cat on other line :(

You are in the clear here.

Dogs tolerate this chemical well and the amount ingested here is not going to cause a problem

Suggest you feed 1-2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin with each meal for the next few days to push through the plastic bits

Okay?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Dr. Brazzell. So Sorry about the cat. Peach never met a food she didn't like so the pumpkin will not be a problem. Her favorite snacks are raw carrots, so she's a pretty "earthy" lady.

Very welcome

Kitty is at ER now- so fingers crossed

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian