Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Could a dehydrated chicken puck cause tears in my dogs small…

Could a dehydrated chicken...

Could a dehydrated chicken puck cause tears in my dogs small intestine

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Wiley, 8

3/13/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Wiley. Is he acting sick?

I am not sure what a "chicken puck" is?! But any dehydrated meats should not cause damage to the lining of the stomach or intestines.

The chicken puck is all chicken breast, about 2” round and 1/8” thick. That’s fully digestible?

If it is all chicken meat, it should be easily digestible.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Thank you

You are welcome; thanks for the good rating.