Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She’s been vomiting, not eating or drinking, very lethargic,

Customer Question
Hello. She’s been vomiting...

Hello. She’s been vomiting, not eating or drinking, very lethargic, she lays around and shakes

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She’s 9 years old. And has vomiting spells every so often but this is by far the worst

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I’m very concerned she may be passing away
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Good morning and welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to help.I ,am so sorry to hear about your gals problems. I ,am hoping that this is a digestive disturbance caused by something she may have ingested or other issues. For this, give Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs and fast for 24 hrs. After the fast , feed a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken. If she continues to get worse, I fear that she may have an obstruction in her digestive tract and this could be fatal if left untreated. The safest thing for your sweet gal is to have your vet examine her and determine if this is an obstruction, Pancreatitis which can be very serious or other serious issues that would require immediate treatment.Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am always happy to help.
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian