Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I would like to understand how CBD can be used as the

Customer Question
primary medicine to manage epilepsy...
I would like to understand how CBD can be used as the primary medicine to manage epilepsy in my dog. I need a vet that has experience with this.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 4 months ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How old is your dog?

How long has the dog been having seizures?

Does your vet currently have the dog on any medications to control the seizures?

How often does the dog have them?

Hi Llisa - thank you.
Our dog is 3 - he was born March 7 2015
i've attached his history of seizures.
Max is on phenobarbital 4 pills a day (2 in am/pm) at 60mg each
He weighs approx 55-60lbs. i've added his recent blood work.
I look forward to your thoughts and experience! thank you
i would be happy to do a call but i'm tied up for a few hours so when i get back to my computer i can turn that feature on if you feel it would be easier. in mean time - review what i've sent, let me know if you have any other questions. thanks!