Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a resque dog that has a syske on his right eyelid.

I have a resque...

I have a resque dog that has a syske on his right eyelid. hoow can it be removed and approximate cosi?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Syste on eyelid

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

No but his eye is runny all the time

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Toby. Age not as he his a rescue dor, I guess about 10 or 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toby?

Not that I am aware of

3/13/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo?

Paul

Let me try to get a better one on my phone. How can I send it to you?

Just text it to me

(###) ###-####/p>

Got the photo

That is a pretty big stye

They would make a wedge incision with the narrow part higher up on the lid

Then stitch the edges together

Would need general anesthesia

10 to 15 minutes needed

About 300.00 to 350.00 total I guesstimate

Okay?

Paul

Thanks for your quick response!Jim Root

Very welcome

Good luck Jim

You can rate me now- I will leave this link open so you can shoe me the "after" photo

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Hi James,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul