Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have small dog, about a year old. After he eats his meal…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have small dog, about a year old. After he eats his meal he whines uncomfortably and licks his penis as he protrudes it. He seems very uncomfortable and will not settle down until he has finished licking. I cook chicken breast for my small dogs. They also eat hamburger, turkey burger and grain free dry dog food. I just don't know what to think!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Niko. He came from an abused home. He was mistreated. I was unable to get his vet records but he has been neutured.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Niko?

He's very sweet in temperment. He seems to urinated and poop ok. He drinks a normal amount of water and plays and runs with the other dogs. The only issue seems to be after he eats.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have any diagnostics been performed thus far, such as urinalysis, bloodwork or x-rays?

How long ago was he neutered?

Can you confirm that no testicles are present?

Can you share a video of what you're seeing since he does this religiously?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian