Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

13 year old dog is not eating. She drinks a lot of water and…

13 year old dog...

13 year old dog is not eating. She drinks a lot of water and vomits it not long after. She snorts like she has sinus issues like she is choking. rubbing her head and throat seems to help with that. She is unsteady on her feet. this has been going on since her last vet visit for shots and check up.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of. Her thirst seems unquenchable.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Lilly, 13 years.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lilly?

May be an ear issue. She seems to scratch at it a lot. She has lost 23 lbs. since her last vet visit about a year ago.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

This is one case where i have to recommend that you take her in

She likely has diabetes but we have to consider other problems like kidney infection, kidney disease, liver disease etc etc

Are you able to take her in?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
she is going in this a.m. My wife is taking her.

Great job!

Please update me with results

I would be happy to review with you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian