Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

14 year old Wire Fox Terrier, sudden onset of trembling and…

14 year old Wire...

14 year old Wire Fox Terrier, sudden onset of trembling and just not moving around as normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Wire Fox Terrier. What is the Wire Fox Terrier's name and age?

Asta, 14 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Asta?

14

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Asta?

He was at the vet just a few days ago, he has cataracts and diminished hearing but is very healthy

3/13/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Asta is worrying you. Sudden onset of not moving and trembling can be from pain, often in the back or neck. Things like inflamed discs, and pinched nerves, often come on suddenly.

He would need to see a veterinarian to be examined and to get safe effective pain medications. Do you have any pain medications previously prescribed for him?

Is he eating, and drinking?

If you lift his lip, are his gums pink in color?

I hope you are able to see my responses; please let me know when you do and what other questions you have.

Actually I did read it as soon as it came in this AM. Asta is a little better, I think perhaps it was a seizure but he is eating and drinking now and resting comfortably.

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if my answer was helpful and if you have other questions.

Kindly consider rating my answer to notify the website I am assisting you; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.​

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the positive rating. How is he doing? Do you have any other quesitons?

Bizzarre occurance yesterday he could barely walk or stand today he's back to normal. He's old sleeps a lot but that's normal for him. Eating just fine. I'm great ful to continue to have him in my life.

Glad to hear he is doing so well; thanks for the update.