Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Sorry, I'm on a very limited income and cannot afford to pay…

Customer Question
Sorry, I'm on a...

Sorry, I'm on a very limited income and cannot afford to pay for help. But thanks anyway.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

We have a bichon about 7 years old. Have always fed him Proplan lamb and rice until my husband decided a long time ago that he was missing out if he didn't have human food. Now he won't eat anything ele.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Bailey is 7.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?

No....he's been to vet recently and go a clean bill of health. Bailey is an extremely moody Bichon.....worst of the 3 I've had as far as moodiness and stubbornness.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I've tried every kind of other dog food to get him to eat with no luck. Lately I've been mixing his dry Proplan with any kind of meat I have in the frig and then grinding them together to try to wean him. Now he's refusing that.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

You mentioned that Bailey went to the vet recently. Was the food concern discussed then? When was bloodwork last performed?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?