Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 2 year old dachshund corgi mix. I had taken her to…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 year old dachshund corgi mix. I had taken her to the er yesterday because I thought her shaking and uncomfortable Ness was due to possibly eating a small piece of a toy foam.ball. I am now not so sure. She did fall over yesterday while walking but she now is much worse with her strength in her back legs almost Drunk with coordination and very weak with her back legs. What could cause this

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

She has no wound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Penny she is 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Penny?

Her abdomen looks slightly bloated to me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Foam ball aside: Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication?

Did these symptoms with her legs begin before or after the trip to the ER?

Did they run any diagnostics?

Do you have a video of share of the rear leg affliction?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian