Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm dog sitting my grand dog for the last two nights. During…

Customer Question
I'm dog sitting my...

I'm dog sitting my grand dog for the last two nights. During the day he walks and wanders around fine it seems. He has always sat awkwardly in a funny way. He is a unique one. Pillow blanket.. Spoiled. I've noticed at night he constantly whines. Not really a cry out in severe pain but a constant whimper.. I've tried heat ice I've laid with Jim propped him unproposed him. My son watched him be dropep

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Watched him be dropped off by a cruel human. He walked IP to my son. The rest is history. He's maybe a year old and he is about bull

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

I finished the message after accidentally sending it early about his age is a year. He was dropped on on Highway when he was a puppy. He's had shots. He's a pit bull

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I sent the message early on accident. He is a pit bull he was dropped off on Highway when puppy he's about a year and has had his shots
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share video of what you're seeing? Has he been whining this entire time? What provisions for exercise and mental stimulation are being made?

I can send video but I finally got him to sleep so right now he's resting which he hasn't done. As far as exercise he is outside during the day when he wants to be. He doesn't shy away from going outside. We have 9 acres. If I throw his ball or toy he is excited and runs to get it like he ignores the pain. Then at night he just cries. Since he was a baby he has always sat or slept in the funniest positions we have always got a kick out of him and his personality. But now I'm wondering if those awkward positions was because his hip leg shoulder something is wrong. He will let you rub it and no specific place seems tender or makes him turn. This is the first sleep he has had. If he sees a cat he runs like crazy but limps later. When he sits both hind legs are sticking straight out in front and his butt barely touches the ground. He doesn't jump on the couch he climbs like a lizard then just plops down how ever he landed I will definitely send video when he wakes up if that's ok

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Can you also tell me more about the suspect pain? Your original post sounded like low grade whining (such as anxiety from missing an owner) but now it sounds like he's been showing more signs of actual concern with the limping. Has he had any diagnostics performed on his hips? Are the back limbs the ones affected when he limps?

it's the back right leg I believe. And I also thought he was whining maybe because my son and his go friend r gone but one.. They live with me.. And two.. He whines when she is here. I don't think it's anxiety. Not adding in the length if time he has been sitting in weird positions. He limps on it too especially in the evenings. Like once he has walked on it all day I even tried wrapping it the other day with son here but no way to wrap a hip. He always walks to a person when he is whining and crying and if I lay with him he whines and it takes an hour to get him comfortable
I will get the video and pics posted as soon as he wakes up. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I have two English bulldogs also and everyone of them is spoiled rotten. But khaza the hurt one even limps sometimes to treats no matter who gives it to him. He likes to be held like a baby and cuddled to the point none is comfortable but him I hope you will be the one who view the video when I send it. Thank you again for tour time

I'll keep an eye out for the video.