Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has pyo and her kidneys got affected. The vet decided…

Customer Question
My dog has pyo...

My dog has pyo and her kidneys got affected. The vet decided to keep her overnight until the am when they’ll do surgery. He said that after surgery there’s 50/50 chance her kidneys won’t work.... I’m lost and don’t know if we are just making her soffer more than she should, or there’s an actual chance her kidneys WILL work and not too late

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Luna

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luna?

During her days of pain she did urinate a lot, up until right before we walked in the vet tonight. Could that be a good sign that something is still working?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

She was limping the whole time but no visual wound

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you tell me more about the situation at hand. Did your vet run bloodwork at the time of intake? Do you have a copy of bloodwork to share?