Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I am currently caring for my friends dog. He had surgery 4…

Customer Question
Hi I am currently...

Hi I am currently caring for my friends dog. He had surgery 4 days ago because he was suffering from crystals in his bladder. He hadn’t the surgery and he seems to be doing better but his penis is out of the sheath and he seems to be in pain. It’s really red and inflamed. My friend said it’s becsuse if the surgery and he is swollen so that’s why it’s not in but it can’t be good with it sticking out like that. Should I cover it some how? I’m not sure what to do. Thanks I’m advance Crystal

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Thank you his name is ***** ***** is a 4 lb Chihuahua

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?

He is on several medications from the surgery pain meds, antibiotics he also is not neautered

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing? Penis concern aside, how is Rocky doing currently overall?