Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I help in animal rescue spay neuter, vaccines then adoption…

Customer Question
I help in animal...

I help in animal rescue spay neuter, vaccines then adoption after home screen..I typically pull from shelters..someone.broguht me a chi tonight hit by a car..was trying to crawl out of road..back leg or pelvis injury..I gave 30 mg tram. It's now drinking..but only mobile enough to turn around..gums very pale..I'm in rural NC my vet closed fof evening..no ER vets for 2 hrs away we had unexpected snow tonight roads bad..I can't get him to vet until morning..shows excesssive thirst. I suspect ribs too..breathing looks little long and drawn very alert

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Have no idea..I contacted my local animal control where I pull from to avoid PtS..

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Trembling decreased..but exceasivly thirst..

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Am keeping him warm..should I offer food..or just water..concerned vet may need to use anethesia in morning for surgery or exray..he's crated have small space heater keeping room warmer than normal.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

I was able to leave at 7 am to get to our vet, they will call me later once X-ray n ultrasound done..I’m leaning towards broken pelvis, ribs, and maybe spleen injured, since he survived the night and did void from bladder ( no blood) I assume bladder safe...he is in pain on trying to life him, but he’s at vet now...I didn’t offer food, only fluids.

Do you need additional assistance from us today?

No