Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He was ok this morning. He ate and drank water. He up saliva…

Customer Question
He was ok this...

He was ok this morning. He ate and drank water. He spit up saliva a couple times and didn't go to the bathroom after 1. I tried buying a new dog food and he didn't eat that or chicken either and now he won't touch water and just wants to lay down.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Please help

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Sunny

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How old is Sunny?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Did he get into anything?

4- How much does he weigh?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
1- How old is Sunny? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- Did he get into anything? 4- How much does he weigh?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 month
No normal
Just some grass and a tiny bit of meat loaf
15 -20 pounds

1- What breed is Sunny?

2- Any diarrhea?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He's lab/retriever
No diarreha

1- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

2- Can you take his rectal temperature?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They look pretty pink
No way of taking rectal temp
He doesn't feel warm I'm concerned cause his nose is warm and moist but he has a runny nose so it's hard to tell

Is he lethargic, not willing to play?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yea but he is wagging his tail when we are around he may be tired I'm just checking in

I am a bit confused, is he behaving normally?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wouldn't know, I have never owned a dog before :/

I am sorry for the delay in response I was offline by the time you came back. I am going to opt out so another expert can help you if you return. I will be going offline. I am sorry.

Dog Veterinarian: benedetta7, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
benedetta7
benedetta7, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr Benedetta, and I would like to help, if you still need help with Sunny.

Sorry nobody picked up your question until now, please let me know

How is Sunny doing today,

is he more or less lethargic, has he eaten/drank anything,

any vomit or diarrhea?

if you no longer need help because you brought Sunny to your veterinarian (which is highly encouraged in this case) please let customer service know, and we can close this question.

benedetta7
benedetta7
benedetta7, Veterinarian