Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy’s is only 8 weeks old and weighs a pound maybe two.

My puppy’s is only...

My puppy’s is only 8 weeks old and weighs a pound maybe two. My son dropped a mandarin seed and he ate it. I’m just worried about obstruction. He swallowed it whole before I could get it out of his mouth.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if 's will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about 's?

No we just got him yesterday. He goes for his initial appointment in a week

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Just one of the many mandarin seeds? About 5.0mm across?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe so. It happened so fast I didn’t get the best look. My son was trying to show me something on the seed and dropped it and he snatched it right up

Okay I am not that worried

I would give one tablespoon of canned pumpkin with each meal going forward and this will push the seed through

It will pass- not to worry

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you! I can definitely do that. I was just worried because he is so tiny.

I know you were worried

All will be well

Please update me tomorrow AM

Watch for vomitng

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

Very welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Doctor Paul. So Teddy has pooped twice since we last spoke. No sign of the seed. No vomiting and I have given him the pumpkin. He seems as active as ever.

Good stuff

Be patient

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian