Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy for into my pills.. not sure howany she ate only…

My puppy for into...

My puppy for into my pills.. not sure howany she ate only 1-2 if any.. 35mg Phentermine and 200ug chromium..? She seems fine it's been an hour.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Macey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Macey?

She's about 7kg

3/12/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Please give me 5 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, as you may already know Phentermine is an amphetamine. In dogs, this can cause symptoms like drooling, hyperactivity, muscle tremors, vocalization, seizures and even death. For a 7kg dog 35mg is significant. I would strongly recommend taking her to the nearest veterinarian so they can induce vomiting and start her on large doses of activated charcoal. This medication is absorbed quickly and symptoms usually begin within 1-3 hours. Need to move fast to get her to vomit before the pill moves out of the stomach. If you do not have access to a vet right now to induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide this is what you do:

1- Give her 1/2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- If she does not vomit or you do not see the pill in the vomit I would have her checked by nearest ER veterinarian for supportive care.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks all sorted, she is fine. Took her to very, thanks for your help

Fantastic, thank you for the update.

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian